Year 11 Information Evening
Thursday 7 October 2021
As part of our ongoing support for your child, we would like to invite you to our Year 11 Information Evening on Thursday 14th October. This is an opportunity for you to find out:
- About the upcoming mock exam period (November)
- How your child will be assessed for their GCSEs next year
- How the school will support your child in achieving great outcomes
- What your child needs to be doing to maximise their outcomes
- How you can support them in achieving great outcomes
Students will attend an assembly during school time (3.00 – 3.30pm) and will then be free to move around school. They will visit a variety of classrooms to understand how to effectively revise for specific subjects and collect a range of revision materials to support their learning at home. We will also have representatives from a range of Post -16 providers on site to offer support and guidance to students about their Post-16 choices.
Parents are invited to join from 3.30pm. There will be a presentation at 5.00pm to outline ways in which you can support your child through Year 11, and we will share key dates and deadlines with you.
Food will be provided on the evening and students will receive revision guides, revision packs and a pack of resources to support them in revising for their mock exams.
Please confirm your attendance on the slip below.
Miss N Jones
Head of School